Working in Canada

Seize your opportunity !

Working in Canada

As an international student, you may have the opportunity to work in Canada during your studies and even after completing your degree.

Canada allows international students, with or without a work permit, to work both on-campus and off-campus if they meet specific criteria.

Upon graduating from a recognized Canadian institution, international students can also apply for a post-graduation work permit to continue working in Canada. There are several work permit programs available for international students. Working in Canada can help students establish valuable business contacts and connections for the future, and it may even contribute to their immigration process after graduation.

Campus Jobs

As an international student, you can work on campus without a work permit while completing your studies if:

  • You are a full-time student at a public post-secondary institution, college, or university.
  • You are a full-time student at a private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as a public institution and receives at least 50% of its funding from government grants.
  • You are registered as a full-time student at a Canadian private institution authorized by provincial statute to grant degrees.
  • You have a valid study permit.

Off-Campus Jobs

You can work off-campus as an international student with a work permit while pursuing your studies if:

  • You are a full-time student at a participating publicly funded post-secondary educational institution or in an approved program at an eligible privately funded institution.
  • You have applied for and obtained your work permit.
  • You are limited to working up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions and can work full-time during scheduled breaks, such as spring break or winter and summer holidays.

Get ready to make your dreams a reality as you begin your inspiring journey!